The Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers announces three awards of $2,500 each in poetry, fiction, and nonfiction. Only one entry is accepted from each person. All entries must be previously unpublished. The winning entries will be published in either Literary Imagination or Literary Matters. All entries must be postmarked no later than December 15th, 2018. The winners will be announced early in 2018. Members will be invited to read their work at the 2019 annual conference.
There is no entry fee for current members of The Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers. For everyone else membership in the ALSCW is required. Members will receive the annual three issues of our literary journal/magazine Literary Imagination, and our online journal, Literary Matters. Membership information can be found on our website (http://alscw.org/membership/).
- For the Meringoff Poetry Award, each entry can be one poem, or a group of poems that add up to no more than 150 lines.
- For the Meringoff Fiction Award, each entry should be one story, or a chapter of a longer work of no more than 25 pages double spaced.
- For the Meringoff Nonfiction Award, each entry should be one nonfiction piece, or a chapter of a longer work of no more than 25 pages double spaced.
All entries will be judged anonymously. Please include THREE COPIES of your entry with your name, email address, postal address, and phone number ON ONLY ONE OF THEM. All submissions should be postmarked no later than December 15th, 2018, and mailed to:
ALSCW Meringoff Writing Awards
The Catholic University of America
620 Michigan Ave. NE
Washington, DC 20064
Latest posts by ALSCW News (see all)
- Meringoff Writing Awards - December 2, 2020
- An incursion into the oppressor’s mind that led to writing a novel-in-verse - October 27, 2020
- ALSCW Zoom Series: American Classics, American Crisis - September 3, 2020