The Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers announces three awards of $2000 each, in poetry, fiction, and nonfiction. Only one entry is accepted from each person. The entry must be postmarked not later than December 1st 2014. The winners will be announced early in 2015. There is no entry fee for current members of The Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers. For everyone else membership in the ALSCW is required — all members will receive the annual three issues of our literary journal/magazine Literary Imagination, and our newsletter, as well as being able to attend our conferences and local gatherings—see ALSCW website (alscw.org) for details about how to join the ALSCW.
• For the Meringoff Poetry award, each entry can be one poem, or a group of poems that add up to no more than 150 lines.
• For the Meringoff Fiction award, each entry should be one story, or a chapter of a longer work of no more than 25 pages double spaced.
• For the Meringoff Nonfiction award, each entry should be one nonfiction piece, or a chapter of a longer work of no more than 25 pages double spaced.
Entries will be judged anonymously. All entries must be previously unpublished: winning entries will be published in Literary Imagination or Literary Matters. Please include THREE COPIES of your entry with your name, email address, postal address and phone number ON ONLY ONE COPY.
All Submissions should be postmarked not later than December 1, 2014
Stephen J. Meringoff Writing Awards
Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers
650 Beacon St. Suite 510
Boston MA 02215
Latest posts by ALSCW News (see all)
- Meringoff Writing Awards: February 1, 2022 Deadline - December 5, 2021
- Carmen Bugan Added to List of Essential Books - November 15, 2021
- Former ALSCW President Greg Delanty Awarded Inaugural David Ferry and Ellen LaForge Poetry Prize - June 21, 2021