The Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers is pleased to announce three awards of $2,000 each: one in poetry, one in fiction, and one in nonfiction. Each writer may submit only one entry. All entries must be previously unpublished and must be postmarked no later than September 15, 2016. The winners will be announced in December, and the winning entries will be published in either Literary Imagination or Literary Matters. For current members of The Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers, there is no entry fee; for everyone else, membership in the ALSCW is required. The necessary information for membership can be found by clicking on “Membership” at the top of our web page or by clicking on this link. All members of the ALSCW receive the annual three issues of our flagship journal, Literary Imagination, as well as access to our newsletter and the ability to attend our conferences and local gatherings.
• For the Meringoff Poetry Award, each entry can be one poem, or a group of poems that add up to no more than 150 lines.
• For the Meringoff Fiction Award, each entry should be one story, or a chapter of a longer work, totaling no more than 25 double-spaced pages.
• For the Meringoff Nonfiction Award, each entry should be one nonfiction piece, or a chapter of a longer work, totaling no more than 25 double-spaced pages.
All entries will be judged anonymously. Please include THREE COPIES of your entry with your name, email address, postal address and phone number ON ONLY ONE OF THEM. All submissions should be postmarked not later than October 15 , 2016 to:
Stephen J. Meringoff Writing Awards
Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers
Marist Hall, The Catholic University of America
620 Michigan Avenue NE, Washington D.C. 20064
Latest posts by ALSCW News (see all)
- Straight Labyrinth: János Pilinszky in the Poetry, Music, and Thought of Three Hungarian Artists is now available - March 23, 2022
- Meringoff Writing Awards: February 1, 2022 Deadline - December 5, 2021
- Carmen Bugan Added to List of Essential Books - November 15, 2021