The Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers announces three awards of $2,000 each, in poetry, fiction, and nonfiction. Only one entry is accepted from each person. All entries must be previously unpublished. The winning entries will be published in either Literary Imagination or Literary Matters. All entries must be postmarked not later than December 1st 2014. The winners will be announced early in 2015. There is no entry fee for current members of The Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers. For everyone else membership in the ALSCW is required — all members will receive the annual three issues of our literary journal/magazine Literary Imagination, and our newsletter, as well as being able to attend our conferences and local gatherings.
• For the Meringoff Poetry Award, each entry can be one poem, or a group of poems that add up to no more than 150 lines. The Meringoff Poetry Award will be judged by Greg Delanty and David Curzon.
• For the Meringoff Fiction Award, each entry should be one story, or a chapter of a longer work of no more than 25 pages double spaced. The Meringoff Fiction Award will be judged by Lee Oser.
• For the Meringoff Nonfiction Award, each entry should be one nonfiction piece, or a chapter of a longer work of no more than 25 pages double spaced. The Meringoff Nonfiction Award will be judged by Diana Senechal and Ernest Suarez.
All entries will be judged anonymously. Please include THREE COPIES of your entry with your name, email address, postal address and phone number ON ONLY ONE OF THEM. ?All Submissions should be postmarked not later than December 1, 2014, to:
Stephen J. Meringoff Writing Awards
Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers
650 Beacon St. Suite 510
Latest posts by ALSCW News (see all)
- Meringoff Writing Awards: February 1, 2022 Deadline - December 5, 2021
- Carmen Bugan Added to List of Essential Books - November 15, 2021
- Former ALSCW President Greg Delanty Awarded Inaugural David Ferry and Ellen LaForge Poetry Prize - June 21, 2021